Happy Wednesday all! While many fondly look forward to this “hump day,” or halfway point in their work week, I have to admit: my new work schedule has me looking forward to it for different reasons than I used to. While I’m working outside the home on Tuesdays and Thursdays as a trainer and on my blog, I don’t really look at Wednesday as the halfway point through my work week. I actually love the work I do and am looking forward to getting into a new “regular” work routine.
I spend my Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays with our girls, doing my #1 job: MOM! As anyone who stays home with their kids (either full or part-time) knows, any day I spend with them is equally awesome and exhausting (okay, some days are more of one or the other…). So, by Wednesday, I’m always most excited thinking about spending family time with the four of us. Ie. with dad home! Our girls love their daddy, and I do too.
However I’m spending my time during the week, finding time to prepare meals can be tough. Yet, maintaining healthy habits in our home is essential so I thankfully have some great healthy and easy recipes that I pull from. My husband regularly teases me for not repeating recipes. The truth is, I use a lot of recipes as a base and then make them my own by altering to fit what’s in our pantry or using our favorite ingredients, so they may not always taste the same. I also love to find new recipes to try because I like to cook. But when meal planning, I typically make a the following “big picture” staples here:
- poultry with sides
- egg and veggies (casseroles, omelettes, etc)
- beans (either burgers or salads)
- vegetarian (casseroles, salads, sandwiches)
- fish with sides
Quite a few bloggers like to share what they’re eating on a regular basis and I’m deciding to share too. I’m putting in the time to plan these meals anyways and being transparent with my readers help hold me accountable. Plus, I know I’ve loved gathering recipes from some of my favorite bloggers.
I’ve shared my love for Kodiak Cake pancake mix before, and I’m sure I will a ton more. This stuff has a cult following and I can’t keep away. This week I whipped up some delicious blueberry muffins and chocolate peanut butter pancakes. I can almost guarantee I’ll make another dozen muffins before the week is up. But, here’s a more comprehensive look at what I’ve been (or will be) cooking around here this week.
- Blueberry Protein Muffins
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Pancakes
- 2 cups Kodiak Cake pancake mix + 1 cup milk of choice + 1 egg + 2 tbsp PB Fit + 1/4 cup cocoa powder + 2 extra tbsp milk
- Chocolate Peanut Lactation Bliss Balls (am I the only mom who eats these for breakfast?)
- Scrambled eggs
- Broccoli and Feta Omelettes with Sprouted Grain Toast
- Taco SaladRecipe as is + chopped tomatoes + chopped onions + cucumbers + shredded carrots + fresh cilantro + salsa and yogurt on top
- Spaghetti Squash Lasagna BowlsQuick tips: Opt to make this recipe with a jarred pasta sauce (make sure it’s low in added sugar). Add sauteed spinach for an extra vitamin veggie boost.
- Roasted Turkey Breast
- Crockpot Chickpea, Butternut Squash, and Red Lentil Stew
- Grilled Cheese with Tomatoes and Greens (I love to make paninis or grilled cheeses with whatever veggies we might have left in the fridge each week)
- Garlicky Roasted Potatoes
- Sauteed Green Beans
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Beets
- Sauteed Broccoli, Asparagus, and Spinach
- Fruit Salad
What are you eating this week? Share in the comments below.