Happy Valentine’s Day all! As I summed up yesterday, we enjoyed a day full of love-themed festivities in our home today. While we enjoyed some outdoor time (it was finally warm enough to take the littlest peanut outside), we also finished some Valentine’s for Isla’s classmates at daycare and enjoyed dipping strawberries. Then we finished our day with a “red” dinner of red lentil pasta with red sauce, plus salad.
The last few weeks have brought full on teething back for Isla and feeding her has been a struggle. While thankfully her spirits have been great, these two year old molars are no joke and food she normally loves have been met with total disdain. I’m operating by the “fed is best,” motto and when worst comes to worst I’m packing her with high calorie foods and smoothies. This includes foods like beans, bananas, nut butters, avocado, oats, chia, whole milk yogurt, etc.
Meal planning has been more simple with the hope that she will eat something (really, anything!) at all. I’m barely using any recipes this week, opting instead for things like rotisserie chicken and bagged salad, and other go-to’s like eggs and chicken sausage.
Here are some photos of what we’ve been eating this week, followed by a comprehensive list of the meals gone by and to come.
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Protein Muffins
- Scrambled Eggs
- Cereal with Milk and Bananas
- Whole Grain Waffles (previously made and frozen)
- Pasta with Veggies and Mild Italian Chicken Sausage
- Rotisserie Chicken
- Red Lentil Pasta with Tomato Basil Sauce
- Quinoa Fried “Rice”
- Roasted Turkey and Mozzarella Open Face Sandwiches with Kale, Tomato, and Black Fig Balsamic Vinegar
- Eggs with Chicken Sausage
- Taylor Farms Mediterranean Crunch Chop Salad
- Mashed Potatoes
- Green Beans with Garlic
- Sticky Sesame Cauliflower
- Roasted Beets and Carrots
- Fruit Salad
What are you eating this week? Share in the comments below.